CHERRY PIE RECIPE
Try this delicious cherry pie recipe... a nice one !
Cherry Pie Recipe Ingredients
* 300g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
* 150g chilled unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing
* 100g golden caster sugar
* 1 large egg yolk
* 1 tbsp cornflour
* Pinch of ground cinnamon
* 500g cherries, stoned
* 1 tbsp milk, for brushing
* 2 tbsp golden granulated sugar
CHERRY PIE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Put the flour, butter and 75g golden caster sugar into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles crumbs. Add the egg yolk and 2-3 tablespoons cold water. Pulse until the mixture comes together to form a ball. Turn out, wrap in cling film and chill for
2. Mix the cornflour, remaining golden caster sugar and cinnamon together, then gently toss with the cherries in a bowl. Put a baking sheet into the oven and preheat it to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.
3. Grease a 23cm pie dish – ideally one made of enamel or metal. Roll out half the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line the dish. Trim the edges, pile the cherry mixture into the
centre and spoon over 4 tablespoons water. Brush the pastry edges with water. Roll out the remaining pastry and use to cover the fruit, making a hole in the centre. Press the edges to seal, trim off the excess pastry and crimp the edges with your forefinger and thumb.
4. Brush the pie with milk and sprinkle with the granulated sugar. Put the pie on the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4 and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until the pastry is pale-golden.
Serve with cream...hmmm..nice tasting cherry pie...enjoy it !